Around 64% of consumers end up buying something after watching a video about it. Imagine how your restaurant would grow if you started putting out video content!
As you’ll soon see, there are many things you can do to use video in marketing for restaurants. This guide was put together to help get you started.
Keep reading to find out how to use video to expand your business.
What You Need to Get Started
Getting started with video marketing for your restaurant is incredibly easy. Here are a few things that you’ll want to get as soon as possible:
Although you could use your phone if it’s got outstanding video capabilities, having a decent video camera will help make your videos far more professional-looking.
There are some expensive ones out there, but if you’re primarily going to be taking still shots with it, any tripod will suffice. This is vital because you want to make sure the footage you have is steady.
This is something else that can quickly get costly, but at the beginning, what matters most is that you’re working in an area that has good lighting. Once you’re able to scale up, you’ll just want a couple of quality lights to boost video quality.
Video Editing Software
You can start off with free software like Windows Movie Maker, but once you’re ready to take things to the next level, you’ll need to look into purchasing a professional video editing software.
For best results, your restaurant’s videos should be:
- Short. Aim to keep videos under 3 minutes for best engagement.
- Interesting. Catch the attention of your audience and keep it for the whole length of the video.
- Emotional. Whether you make your viewers laugh, cry, or hungry, videos that provoke an emotional response will do much better than those that don’t.
- Relatable. Find a way to connect with your audience by showing them that you understand them and are just like them.
- Actionable. Don’t forget to ask your audience to engage with you by taking action. It could be liking or sharing the video, or coming to visit you in your restaurant.
- Consistent. Whether it’s daily, weekly, or monthly, find what works for you and consistently upload videos. Be sure to add them to your marketing calendar to keep them a priority.
With those guidelines in mind, it’s time to move onto look at what types of videos work exceptionally well for restaurants.
Best Marketing for Restaurants Videos
Here are a few ideas of videos you can create for your restaurant marketing plan:
- Staff interviews
- B-roll footage
- Client stories
- How-to’s of your dishes
- Behind the scenes
- Food reviews
- Vlogs of special events
You could stick with just one of these types of videos, or use all of them. Whatever you do, be sure to pick something that works well for you and reflects the vibe of your restaurant.
Once you’ve got the video-making process down, you need to get your videos seen by people. Marketing for restaurants happens to be one of our specialties.
Check out our blog for more information or contact us to find out how we can help you get your restaurant business booming through video marketing.